Life is so fucking strange. On Tuesday, I got my period for the first time since my DE&C - and I was so happy I danced a jig in the bathroom. Six weeks ago, blood in the bathroom was horrible, and 4 weeks from now, it will be bad again. It's a neverending cycle.
I mean, if I really think about it, pregnancy is something I've been thinking about since the first time I had sex. First, trying everything to prevent it, then trying everything to make it happen. Doesn't it seem that this should be easier? People say it's the most natural thing in the world - I don't fucking think so! Just consider this timeline of my life regarding pregnancy...
15 years ago - it would have been an immaculate conception
10 years ago - my parents would have ripped me a new asshole since I was still in college
5 years ago - not what IB and I would have wanted, but we would have managed and I'm sure been very happy
1 year ago - I still thought I would get pregnant anytime now...after all, we'd been officially trying for 3 months
6 months ago - I was starting to think it would never happen
1 month ago - we lost the baby we had tried so hard for
now - my period is the best fucking thing ever since it means we can start trying again soon
2 months from now - my period would be the worst thing ever since it would mean I'm not pregnant again yet
Doesn't this just seem like a cruel and vicious cycle? Nobody ever talks about this shit. Most people who have never wanted to get pregnant before think you just make the decision to get pregnant and BAM - 9 months later you have a happy, healthy baby. There are so.many.things. that can go wrong. Maybe this is what sex ed classes should focus on. Maybe all of the mental anguish some women go through would be enough to keep the teenage whores from sleeping around.
Then again, maybe not. After all, it's rarely the whores that get KTFU right?
Life - it's so fucked up!
So true my dear. If anyone is deserving of children and happiness, it is you and IB :) It will happen and we will love the shit out of that baby! I know it sucks but try to stay positive <3 love you and I'm always here for you!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! You will get pregnant and you will be great parents! Love you both!
ReplyDelete