9.08.2010

Vacation, all I ever wanted

Only one more day of work until I'm on vacation for 10 days - yahoo!  IB and I really fucking need this time off.  I am looking forward to just clearing my head and getting some time away, and IB's work has been stressing him out to no end so I know he's really looking forward to this vaca also.

On Friday, after my sis-in-law graduates from PIMS (yay for her!!!) as an official funeral director, me, IB, sis (E), and bro-in-law (J) are off to Richmond until Monday.  Why?  NASCAR baby!  Neither IB or I are really fans, per se, but J is a HUGE fan and we do watch with him sometimes on Sundays.  Last year though, we went to our first race with E and J in Loudon, NH and had the best.fucking.time.  It is the most fan-friendly sport I've ever been to - hello, BYOB! - and the people are...interesting...but really, really nice.  We are very much looking forward to going to Richmond International Raceway - especially since we have great seats and it's a night race!  When we were at Loudon, I missed an awesome crash because I was in the restroom and I was PISSED.  So I'm really hoping I see something like the below on Saturday (without any major injuries, of course!).


On Sunday, we're going to spend the day touring around Richmond and celebrating our impending anniversaries with dinner at Lemaire.  E and J's 2-year anniversary is September 13 and IB and I are celebrating 8 years on September 14 - it should be a great day!  Then it's back home to the 'burgh on Monday for one night, and then IB and I are off to...

Canadia!  :)  IB and I have gone up to Niagara Falls every anniversary year except 1 (when we were too poor to do much of anything) and 5 (when we celebrated by going back to our honeymoon spot).  We love staying at our fave Days Inn & Suites across from the best bar ever - a little dive called Jack's.  Of course, we can't go up there without spending at least one day in wine country - we really need to stock up!  Especially on wines from our favorite vineyard up there.  Good times!  It's always gorgeous this time of year, and it's never too crowded as most of the tourists are gone from the summer rush.  We'll be there until Friday and we are going to have a goddamn good time!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment