7.15.2010

Still in shock - in a good way!

Since beginning to spot last Friday, I have convinced myself that I had or am having a m/c.  It's not every day, or anywhere near a constant thing, but I have been having mild back pain and spotting ranging from dark brown to reddish-brown with small bloodclots for nearly a week.  My doctor sent me to get blood drawn to test my Beta levels on Monday and Wednesday.  Your Betas are supposed to double every 48 hours, so when I got a 102 from Monday and a 208 from Wednesday, I almost couldn't believe it!  I have seriously spent the last 6 days preparing myself for the worst.  I could not be any fucking happier that my numbers look good.  Seriously.  I have my first appointment with my OB on Monday and I can't effing wait!

I still haven't told IB about any of this.  I just couldn't bear to tell him I was knocked up but that I was pretty sure I was losing the little shamrock.  I wanted to wait until I could confirm one way or the other - and now I can!  With GOOD news!  I'm giving him his t-shirt as soon as he gets home from work today.  It's weird because I'm kind of nervous!  We've been together for almost 13 years, and were friends for 3 years before we started dating, so we're more comfortable around each other than 2 people probably should be.  I can say or do pretty much anything in front of him and vice versa...so having butterfiles in my stomach to give him this news is pretty cool.  I can't wait to be a March mama!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment