I'm still the only person IRL who knows I'm knocked up. My doctor's office knows, some folks on the chat boards on thebump.com know, but I'm still keeping it to myself for now. I mentioned yesterday that I've been planning on how to tell Italian Boy (IB) for months. To be exact, it's been about a year. When looking for a t-shirt for a friend who was about to go through chemo (which he ended up not having to do, thank god) I decided it would be fun to buy a t-shirt that I would wrap up and present to IB when I got a BFP so I could take pictures of his reaction to finding out he's going to be a dad. The t-shirt has a cartoon-y image of a sperm on it and it says "My Boys Can Swim!". If you know IB at all, you'll know that he will find this hilarious.
So I have decided that I'm going to break the news to him when he gets home from work on Saturday. Yesterday didn't seem appropriate since he had to jizz in a cup in the morning, tonight we're going to a DCI show, and tomorrow we have to go out and buy a new fucking washing machine (more on that at another time). I'm pretty excited about it. I kind of hope he cries (tears of joy). Also, I can't wait to get that goddamn t-shirt from out of it's hiding spot in my underwear drawer. I'll share pictures of his reaction when it happens.
On another note, I don't really FEEL pregnant. Shouldn't I feel differently? The only difference I'm noticing at this point is that my tits are a little sore (but they usually are with Aunt Flo anyway, so no biggie) and I'm hungry more often than usual. I am now snacking once in between each meal - going with good stuff though like nuts or fruit. I'm no skinny-minny, so I don't want to gain too much weight. One of my friends actually LOST 12 pounds throughout her pregnancy - I'm hoping I go that route. That would be fucking fantastic. Also, I know from conversations with my mom that she never had morning sickness or anything like that and loved being pregnant. That would be fucking fantastic as well. Here's hoping!
No comments:
Post a Comment