10.11.2010

Dear 2010, I am over you.

Dear 2010,

I am over you.  Why?  You suck, that's why.  You have brought me so much crappy news that I am ready to kick your ass to the curb.  I'm ready for a new year and a fresh start and hopefully a respite from finding out such terrible news about me, my friends, and my friends' friends.  Just a few crappy pieces of news you've brought my way, to refresh your memory...
  • Friend had a miscarriage
  • IB's co-worker was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 25 and has to go through massive amounts of chemo which we're still not sure is working
  • Friend's mom was in a horrible car accident and spent months in a coma - she will likely never fully recover
  • Worst person I can think of to have a baby, had one
  • Friend's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and it had already metastasized to other organs
  • IB's great grandmother passed away
  • After 11 months of trying, IB and I get a BFP only to find out 6 weeks later that our baby died
  • I had to have a DE&C
  • Sis-in-law's cousin passed away from cancer - she was in her early 20s
  • An old friend I've known since we were 5 had her second baby girl who passed away from respiratory failure minutes after she was born
  • Friend's mom had a hysterectomy because of above breast cancer and has multiple complications and can't eat at the moment
  • Friend's 33-year-old bro-in-law's cancer has spread so much that he just found out they're stopping his treatments and he's going to go on hospice care.  He and his wife just got married a year ago.

I'm sure there are more horrible things - this year has been chock fucking full of them - but those are the ones that came off the top of my head.  So, 2010, fuck you.  Fuck you and your 9+ months of shit.  Fuck you and your remaining 3 months.  Fuck you, goddamn you to hell, and I can't wait until you're gone.

If you want to try to salvage just the tiniest bit of dignity in my eyes, you can send me a BFP in the next 2 months that results in my take-home baby in 2011.  That's all you can do to even begin to make up for this year of suck.  Otherwise, this will be my motto forevermore...


Yours truly,
Aly

No comments:

Post a Comment